How to reset application on all devices?
- Create a backup file of your notes.
– Launch the app, Select “Backups” from the “Settings” menu, tap on “Create Backup”, select the latest file and send this file to your email address.
– Launch the app, Choose “Backups” from the “File” menu, tap on “Create Backup”, select the latest file and save this file
- Delete all notebooks and notes from all applications.
- Remove Applications from all your devices with all data.
– Remove application from device
– Remove application from the Mac
– Go to Finder
– Choose “Go to Folder…” from the “Go” menu
– Enter ~/Library/Containers/
– Remove Application cache data from your Mac what is stored in a single folder com.smartapps.purplenotes.mac
- Remove iCloud data from storage and backup.
– Settings -> iCloud -> Storage & Backup -> Manage Storage -> Purple Notes -> Documents & Data -> Delete All -> Delete
– System Preferences -> iCloud -> Manage -> Purple Notes -> Documents & Data -> Delete All -> Delete
- Please allow 15-30 minutes for your devices to synchronise all updates from the iCloud.
- Install apps on all your devices from the App Store.
- Restore notes from your backup file on any one device.
– Launch email app, navigate to your email with backup file created on step 1, open attachment Purple Notes.xml, open share sheet, select Open in Purple Notes option.
– Launch the app, drop your backup file created on step 1 on top of application icon.
- Launch all your apps and in a short time you should see how the apps are downloading your notes from the iCloud.